6 Reasons Why You need General Liability Insurance
Sylvi here, with AdventSure. I’m a BICP certified mountain bike instructor and co-own Moab Mountain Bike Instruction. I also happen to be an Insurance Specialist for the Outdoor Industry.
Here are six reasons it’s time for you to start thinking about General Liability insurance:
- Permits. For many instructors and guides, the first time they think about getting insurance is when it comes time to get their first permit. Nearly every landowner in the country requires permittees to carry General Liability insurance.
- Professionalism. Getting certified through BICP demonstrates commitment and professionalism. Having insurance demonstrates responsibility.
- Legal Defense. In this day and age, you don’t need to be at fault to be sued. Defense costs alone can be enough to bury a small business. Your insurance carrier will defend you in court, even if the claim is groundless.
- Accidents Happen. People make mistakes, and even the best-laid plans can go wrong. The most important reason to have General Liability insurance is that it will protect you and your assets in the event that you actually are liable. These situations are awful for everyone involved. General Liability insurance will pay claims up to the policy limits, which usually begin at $1,000,000 and can be increased from there.
- It’s affordable. A general liability insurance policy may not be as expensive as you think. BICP’s partnership with AdventSure Insurance has made it possible for us to offer an exceptional insurance package, designed from the ground up for outdoor activities, with a very low cost of entry.
- Peace of Mind.
Now that you’ve decided to protect yourself with General Liability insurance, make sure that your policy includes these three essential coverages:
- Participant Liability. Make sure that your participants are included in your liability coverage. Believe it or not, many outdoor and special event insurance policies cover spectators and random passers-by but exclude participants.
- Athletic Activities. Many General Liability policies exclude athletic activities.
- Accident Medical. Accident medical coverage can help cover medical expenses for participants even if you are not liable and the participant is clearly at fault.
Whether you’re an individual instructor just starting out, or you already have a well-established operation, I would love to help you get the best possible insurance coverage and the most competitive pricing available. I build every partnership on a foundation of trust, and I’m committed to doing what’s best for your business. Want to see what I can put together for you? Give us a call or email for a free quote.
Have an awesome day!
We are a proud member of 1% For The Planet