ICP Host Duties
ICP hosts come in all forms – individuals, businesses, land managers, summer program directors and more. The host for an ICP course is the ICP’s point of contact and our on-the-ground local knowledge source. A host’s duties are minimal but essential to ensure a successful certification event. Some examples of host duties are:
- Confirming that the chosen site meets all requirements
- Gaining any permissions needed to use the land and providing permit fee information to the ICP
- Pre-event communication with ICP’s Instructor Trainer to confirm details
- Receive course handout paperwork and deliver to the Instructor Trainer (IT) upon his/her arrival
- Meet the IT onsite on the morning or afternoon of day 1
- Give the IT a tour of the area that will be used for the certification course
- Be present or nearby at the start of each training day for last-minute logistical issues
- Make sure any facilities that the ICP will be utilizing are unlocked prior to course start each day
What Happens When You Host
If your location is chosen to host an ICP course, an event registration page will be created on our site and added to our calendar of events and the ICP schedule.
ICP will market the course to our wide network of mountain bikers, retailers, public land managers, which is accomplished via regional email newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and via additional marketing channels (partner networks).
Hosting a course at your location exposes it to a much larger group of riders than just the individuals participating in the ICP training. Those certified instructors often return to the same location to hold their own mountain bike skills clinics, broadening the audience for your riding area.
There can be small discounts for hosting an ICP course if your site meets all requirements. Private course group rates are available. Group rates are based on a maximum of six participants, and the host is responsible for recruiting registrants and filling the six slots. For more details, or to inquire about a private course, contact email@example.com.
Working with the ICP demonstrates that you recognize the importance of professional mountain bike training and will be at the forefront of this movement!