LEVEL 1 – 2 COMBO CERTIFICATION COURSE
Length: A (35 hour) course that includes a classroom portion, field practice, practical and written exams.
Cost: $1000 USD.
BICP Level 1 – Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skills instruction.
BICP Level 2 – Offers a review of mountain bike guiding in addition to training and testing for providing beginner to intermediate level instruction.
Completion of the course by passing the practical and written exams will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors with riders
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Provide private or group instruction for beginner and intermediate level riders through clinics/camps/events
- Create lesson plans specific to the rider’s abilities
- Be an effective instructor to a variety of learning styles
- Offer progressions for Level 2 maneuvers to safely improve your clientele’s skill level
- Teach in conjunction with other BICP certified instructors at clinics/camps/events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach: Watch a brief video of the bike skills covered
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 2 RIDING STANDARDS
Although this course is not to be taken as a personal skills training event, participants will end up honing their skills on the bike and gaining additional knowledge about mountain biking.
Level 2 Course Skills:
- Neutral & Ready Position
- Bike/Body Separation
- Straight Line Riding
- Tight Turns & Switchbacks
- Climbing & Descending
- Climbing and Descending Dismounts & Restarts
- Wheel Lifts
- Roll Downs
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
Level 1 Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/level-1-certification/
Level 2 Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/level-2-certification/
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
LEVEL 2 REQUIRED SKILLS – PREVIEW VIDEO ⚡️
Get a jump start on your skill practice before your L2 course!
Practice on flat pedals, as they are required for the course.