Level 2 Intermediate Skills Instructor
Details on annual dues and policies to maintain this certification can be found at https://icp.bike/policies
Why: A demand from the community has shown an increase in interest in our sport and the demand for great mountain bike instructors is needed. Expand your knowledge and learn new tools to become a stronger and more well-rounded instructor.
The Bike Instructor Certification Program is building bridges and community with our “Cross Over” Certification. These courses are offered to members of the mountain bike community that may have certifications from other recognized organizations. We invite you to join the BICP family and take our “Cross Over” courses.
How: Find a Level 2 course that meets your schedule. Contact the BICP administration for your discounted rate. Attend the 3-day course and share your experience and knowledge with other instructors.
Cost: $325 USD, plus $65 annual membership dues.
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Provide a copy of current Certification from other recognized organization
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- At least 18 years of age
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
You will be tested on the following:
- Fundamental Elements
- Skill Description
- Group Management
- Error Detection and Corrections
- Leadership & Professional Conduct
Level 2 Course Skills:
- Front Wheel Lift
- Rear Wheel Lift
- Level Lift
- ¼ Punch Front Wheel Lift
- Manual Front Wheel Lift
- Advanced Braking
- Steep Descending
- Roll Down Lunge
- Highspeed Cornering
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test.
How to Prepare: A current Level 2 pre-course packet containing the most current manual will be mailed prior to your event.
- Read the manual and complete the pre-course documents
- Practice your skills demonstrations and teaching materials