L3 SKILLS PREP – ADVANCED SKILLS
Length: (6 hours) This course includes skills demonstrations and skills progressions you will need to be comfortable with the Level 3 Certification Course. In the Level 3 Certification Course, you will need to be comfortable teaching and demonstrating along with error detection and correction
Cost: $150 USD.
Our Expectations: We expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements and Intermediate Skills and can demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 1 and Level 2 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 2 Certification
- 100+ hours of instructional experience after Level 2 certification
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Current Basic First Aid & CPR certification required (WFA certification recommended)
- Five years or more of mountain biking experience
- Personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
- Has participated in a BICP instructor-led skills clinic (highly recommended, but not required)
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flats, chain breaks, shifting adjustments)
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
Level 3 Course Skills:
- High-speed cornering (review & advanced progressions)
- North Shore Dismount
- Braking (review & advanced progressions)
- Steep Descending
- Level Lift to the Side
- Manual Front Wheel Lift
- Rear Wheel Lift to the Side (rolling)
- Bunny Hop
- Berm Cornering
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
Level 3 Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/level-3-certification/
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
LEVEL 3 REQUIRED SKILLS – PREVIEW VIDEO ⚡️
Get a jump start on your skill practice before your L3 course! Practice on flat pedals, as they are required for the course.