L3 SKILLS REFRESHER – ADVANCED SKILLS
Length: A (6 hour) day of review and practice for expiring BICP Level 3 certified instructors. This refresher includes hands-on practice with a BICP Instructor Trainer to assist you with dialing back in your fundamentals, and our 15+ Level 3 skills. This is your chance to refine demonstrations, clarify any questions in regards to terminology and processes.
Cost: $150 USD
Our Expectations: We expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements, Intermediate Skills, and Advanced Skills and can confidently demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
Why: All BICP Level 3 instructors are required to recertify every four years. Recertification is essential to maintain a level of quality and standards among all BICP certified instructors. We realize many of our expiring instructors may not have been able to work on THEIR OWN skills for four or more years and we want to see you succeed in a Level 3 Re-Certification and continue with your BICP certification. This refresher course offers you a chance to train and practice with a BICP expert without the pressure of an examination.
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 3 Certification
- 40 hours experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Current Basic First Aid & CPR certification required (WFA certification recommended)
- Five years or more of mountain biking experience
- Personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flats, chain breaks, shifting adjustments)
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
Level 3 Course Skills:
- High-speed cornering (review & advanced progressions)
- North Shore Dismount
- Braking (review & advanced progressions)
- Steep Descending
- Level Lift to the Side
- Manual Front Wheel Lift
- Rear Wheel Lift to the Side (rolling)
- Bunny Hop
- Berm Cornering
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
Level 3 Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/level-3-certification/
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
LEVEL 3 REQUIRED SKILLS – PREVIEW VIDEO ⚡️
Get a jump start on your skill practice before your L3 course! Practice on flat pedals, as they are required for the course.