LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
ALL NEW CURRICULUM – DROPS AND JUMP
Dates: August 14-15, 2023
Time: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Cost: $325 USD. All instructors must be current with their BICP membership dues.
Course Length: @20 hours of online pre-course work. 2-days in-person course.
Day 1 – review and practice newly added skills.
Day 2 – test on your ability to teach and meet the BICP minimum Ride Standards for the newly added skills.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics professionally, systematically, and safely.
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a Pre-Ride Assessment.
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s intermediate skills.
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics.
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics.
- Level 1 Fundamental Skills Review
- Level 2 Intermediate Skills Review
- Creating teaching plans
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- BICP Ride Leader Certification.
- BICP Level 1 Certification.
- BICP Level 2 Certification (2021-2022).
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate.
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended.
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience.
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry.
- At least 18 yrs. Old.
- Good communication skills.
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely.
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments).
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking.
To pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must complete the online pre-course work (approximately 30 hours), demonstrate an understanding of the material, and perform suitable teaching simulations. All pre-course work must be completed 1 week before attending the in-person certification course.
- The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
- This certification holder must possess a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
- The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
- An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES August 1, 2023
Brown County Bikes – Kate Nolan email@example.com
Outdoor Location Facility:
Brown County State Park – 1801 IN-46, Nashville, IN 47448