LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Length: A 3-day course that certifies an individual as an Intermediate Skills Instructor.
Dates: June 2-4, 2023 (8 am-5 pm)
Cost: $675 CDN ( $504 USD) (all participants must be current with their $65 annual membership dues).
The online prework will take approximately 30 hours to complete, including a quiz after each chapter.
This course reinforces stability and biomechanics, teaching strategy, site selection, goal setting, proper demonstrations, keywords, progressions, and error detection for all the Level 2 Intermediate Skills.
This is not a skills course; all participants are required to meet the BICP Ride Standards for each skill.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics professionally, systematically, and safely.
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a Pre-Ride Assessment.
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s intermediate skills.
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics.
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics.
- Level 1 Fundamental Skills review
- Creating teaching plans
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- BICP Ride Leader Certification.
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate.
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended.
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience.
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry.
- At least 18 yrs. Old.
- Good communication skills.
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely.
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments).
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking.
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must complete the online pre-course work (approximately 30 hours), demonstrate an understanding of the material, and perform suitable teaching simulations. All pre-course work must be completed 1 week prior to attending the in-person certification course.
- The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
- This certification holder must possess a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
- The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
- An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES May 1, 2023
Sweet Riders – Karey email@example.com
Outdoor Location Facility:
Crowsnest Pass Bike Skills Park – 12602 17 Ave, Blairmore, AB T0K 0E0, Canada
We respectfully acknowledge that this course will take place on the traditional territories of Cayuse, Umatilla and Walla Walla, and Ktunaxa ɁamakɁis whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.