BICP ADAPTIVE LEVEL 1 FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR (invite only)
The BICP Adaptive Level 1 Fundamental Skills Instructor Certification course is intended to be an all-inclusive training to fundamental skills coaching, an intensive course focused on skill analysis, effective teaching, and skills progressions with evaluations in each of those areas.
Much of the written content in this manual is geared towards the upright cycle. It is our hope that participants of this course will gain a deeper understanding of the upright cycle. As we focus on the Ten Fundamentals, be prepared to discuss how they could relate to an adaptive rider.
During the in-person course, the participants will practice the body movements and skills presented in this manual on a variety of different cycles from upright to adaptive cycles.
As no two riders are the same, not every adaptive cycle is the same. Learning to understand the different body movements on different cycles will help you when working with adaptive riders with different needs and abilities.
Goal = Balance + Stability + Control for all riders on any cycle.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Registration is open by invite by RMA.
- Participants will register through the online portal and be given access to the precourse online work required before attending the in-person course.
Attendees must have the knowledge/skills required prior to attending the course. This helps maximize the time focused on adaptive skills and equipment to make the course a valuable experience for all.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
The certification holder must maintain their BICP annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES June 12, 2021.
Rocky Mountain Adaptive RMA
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
The HOST will secure arrangements for indoor space
|BICP Adaptive Level 1 Certification-Rocky Mountain Adaptive- June 21-23, 2021||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $475.00 sign-up fee|