BICP ADAPTIVE LEVEL 1 FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR (invite only)
With support from the US Department of Veteran Affairs, this training is offered at no cost to VA staff and adaptive sports providers who serve disabled Veterans (at no cost to the Veterans.)
The BICP Adaptive Level 1 Fundamental Skills Instructor Certification course is intended to be an all-inclusive training to fundamental skills coaching, an intensive course focused on skill analysis, effective teaching, and skills progressions with evaluations in each of those areas.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Registration is open by invite by Higher Ground Sun Valley.
- Registration is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and spaces are limited. Priority registration is offered for disabled veterans, disabled members of the armed services, VA staff, and Disabled Sports USA chapter members. Other adaptive sports organizations and interested individuals will be welcomed as space permits.
- The registration link for this event will be given to individuals that meet the requirements – please contact Nicole@icp.bike for further details.
- If the training reaches capacity, additional registrants will be placed on a Waiting List and be permitted to attend as space allows.
- Cancellation Policy: as a courtesy to others who may be on a waiting list, please notify BICP by email including your name/phone/email if you can no longer attend.
Attendees must have the knowledge/skills required prior to attending the course. This helps maximize the time focused on adaptive skills and equipment to make the course a valuable experience for all.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
- The certification holder must maintain their BICP annual membership dues.
- This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
- The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
- An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES June 1, 2021.
City of Reno
April Wolfe – email@example.com
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
The HOST will secure arrangements for tents
- The BICP has a partner discount rate provided through Windham Hotels & Resorts
- Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. DSUSA does not provide reimbursement for any travel expenses, including but not limited to airfare, lodging, and ground transportation.
Bike Shops / Rentals:
- Please contact the HOST for bike rentals.
|BICP Adaptive Level 1 Certification-Sky Tavern, NV - June 23-25, 2021||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $410.00 sign-up fee|