LEVEL 1 RIDE GUIDE & FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES April 5th, 2019.
Indoor Classroom location:
Outdoor Classroom location:
Balm Boyette Mountain Bike Trails – 15102 County Road 672, Lithia, Florida 33547
Tampa International Airport – 4100 George J Bean Pkwy, Tampa, FL 33607
Ruskin Inn – 3113 College Ave, Ruskin, FL 33570
Bike Shop/ Rentals:
UBC – University Bicycle Center – 1220 E Fletcher Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
|BICP L1 - Balm Boyette, FL - April 29-1, 2019||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $410.00 fee for the class|