LEVEL 1 – FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES September 5, 2019.
March Northwest Inc.
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Bloedel Donovan Park
2114 Electric Ave, Bellingham, WA 98229
Large tent if needed
Bellingham International Airport
4255 Mitchell Way, Bellingham, WA 98226
Four Points by Sheraton
714 Lakeway Dr, Bellingham, WA 98229
Bike Shops / Rentals:
1600 Carolina St, Bellingham, WA 98229
1622 N State St, Bellingham, WA 98229
|BICP L1-Bellingham, WA - September 20-22, 2019||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $410.00 fee for the class|