RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES April 1, 2019.
Indoor Classroom location:
Visit Bentonville Office – 104 E Central Ave, Bentonville, AR 72712
Blowing Springs Park – Bella Vista, AR
a small pavilion on site
Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport – 1 Airport Blvd, Bentonville, AR 72712
Comfort Inn Bentonville – 3001 NE 11th St, Bentonville, AR 72712
Bike Shop/ Rentals:
Phat Tire Bike Shop – 125 West Central Ave, Bentonville, AR 72712
|BICP L1-Blowing Springs, AR - April 19-21, 2019||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $410.00 fee for the class|