Level 1 Certification Fundamental Skills Instructor ( English version)
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Monday, January 3 – Wednesday, January 5, 2021.
Cost: $650 USD, includes the cost of the online Ride Leader course.
( A $65 payment must be made at the time of registration, remaining course fees paid to course instructor)
In order to pass the BICP Level 1 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
The Level 1 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 1 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics in a professional, systematic, and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride observation session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics
Level 1 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
- Instructor Best Practices
- Skills Analysis
- Introduction to Instruction
- Fundamental Skills
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES December 15, 2021
Rafaella “Roxy” Wieschollek firstname.lastname@example.org
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Cala Millor, Mallorca, Balearic Islands – Spain
to be determined closer to the date
Palma de Mallorca Airport
07611 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Roxybike / CaMi-Bike Mountain Bike Mallorca
Local 2 15, Carrer de Binicanella, 07560 Cala Millor, Illes Balears, Spain
|BICP L1 Certification-Mallorca, Spain - January 3-5, 2021 - English version||$65.00 / year for 4 years|