BICP L1 Certification-Rogers, AR – March 17-19, 2023
LEVEL 1 FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Length: A 3-day course that certifies an individual as a Fundamental Skills Instructor.
Dates: March 17-19, 2023 (8 am-5 pm)
Cost: $650 USD (including $65 annual membership dues).
The online prework will take approximately 24 hours to complete, including a quiz after each chapter.
This course introduces stability and biomechanics, teaching strategy, site selection, goal setting, proper demonstrations, keywords, progressions, and error detection for all the Level 1 Fundamental Skills.
This is not a skills course; all participants are required to meet the BICP Ride Standards for each skill.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics professionally, systematically, and safely.
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a Pre-Ride Assessment.
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills.
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics.
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics.
- Instructor Best Practices
- Skills Analysis
- Introduction to Instruction
- Fundamental Skills
Level 1 Prerequisites:
- BICP Ride Leader Certification.
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate.
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended.
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience.
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry.
- At least 16 yrs. Old.
- Good communication skills.
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely.
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments).
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking.
In order to pass the BICP Level 1 course, participants must complete the online pre-course work (approximately 24 hours), demonstrate an understanding of the material, and perform suitable teaching simulations. All pre-course work must be completed 1 week prior to attending the in-person certification course.
- The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
- This certification holder must possess a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
- The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
- An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES March 1, 2023
Roots Mountain Biking
Jay Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Location Facility:
The Railyard Bike Park – 299 E Cherry St, Rogers, AR 72756
We respectfully acknowledge that this course will take place on the traditional territories of Osage and Quapaw whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.