Level 1 Certification – Fundamental Skills Instructor ( The Cycle Effect ONLY)
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, July 22 – Sunday, July 24, 2022
Cost: $650 USD, including the cost of the online Ride Leader course.
(Current BICP Ride Leaders should contact administration for subsidized pricing prior to registering)
In order to pass the BICP Level 1 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
The Level 1 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 1 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Level 1 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Ride Leader Certification
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
- Instructor Best Practices
- Skills Analysis
- Introduction to Instruction
- Fundamental Skills
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES July 1, 2022
Molly Gamble – firstname.lastname@example.org
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
Summit Cove Elementary School – 727 Cove Blvd, Dillon, CO 80435
The Cove Bike & Ski – 40 Cove Blvd Unit B-1, Dillon, CO 80435
We respectfully acknowledge that this course will take place on the traditional territories of the Ute,whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
|BICP L1 Certification- The Cycle Effect, CO - July 22-24, 2022||$450.00|