Level 1 Certification – Fundamental Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, May 20 – Sunday, May 22, 2022
Cost: $650 USD, including the cost of the online Ride Leader course.
(Current BICP Ride Leaders should contact administration for subsidized pricing prior to registering)
In order to pass the BICP Level 1 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
The Level 1 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 1 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Level 1 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Ride Leader Certification
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
- Instructor Best Practices
- Skills Analysis
- Introduction to Instruction
- Fundamental Skills
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES May 1, 2022
Thunder Mountain Bike Park – 66 Thunder Mountain Road, Charlemont, MA, 01339
Inclement Weather Plan:
The host will provide a covered area
Bradley International Airport – Schoephoester Rd, Windsor Locks, CT 06096
The BICP has a corporate discount through Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Warfield House Inn – 200 Warfield Rd, Charlemont, MA 01339
Camping – Zoar Outdoor and Fol Hardy Hill
Bike Shop/ Rentals:
The host can provide rentals
|BICP L1 Certification-Thunder Mtn, MA - May 20-22, 2022||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $585.00 sign-up fee|