RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES May 1, 2019.
Go West Camps
Indoor Classroom location:
Go West Camps – 1325 Vindicator Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Piñon Valley Park – 5585 Mule Deer Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Colorado Springs Airport – 7770 Milton E Proby Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Days Inn by Wyndham Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods – 4610 Rusina Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Bike Shop/ Rentals:
Criterium Bicycles – 6150 Corporate Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919
|BICP L1-Colorado Springs, CO - May 17-19, 2019||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $410.00 fee for the class|