RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES February 16th, 2018.
City of Fayetteville Parks and Recreation
Lake Fayetteville Environmental Center
511 E Lakeview Drive Springdale AR 72764
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
1153 Lake Fayetteville Rd, Springdale, AR 72764, USA
Yvonne Richardson Community Center
240 E Rock St Fayetteville AR 72701
Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport
1 Airport Blvd, Bentonville AR 72712
600 Van Ashce Drive Fayetteville AR 72703
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Lewis & Clark Outfitters
4915 S Thompson St Springdale AR 72764
The Bike Route
#3-3660 N Front St Fayetteville AR 72703
Phat Tire Bike Shop
3775 Mall Ave Fayetteville AR 72703
|BICP L1-Fayetteville, AR-March 2, 2018||$475.00|