RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
The first day’s session is 5-8 pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8 am-5 pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES January 1, 2020
Rafaella “Roxy” Wieschollek email@example.com
location to be determined
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
to be determined closer to the date
Palma de Mallorca Airport
07611 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain
Hipotels Duns Cala Millor
Av. sa Coma, 47, 07560 Sant Llorenç des Cardassar, Illes Balears, Spain
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Roxybike / CaMi-Bike Mountain Bike Mallorca
Local 2 15, Carrer de Binicanella, 07560 Cala Millor, Illes Balears, Spain
|BICP L1 -Mallorca, Spain - January 10-12, 2020||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $410.00 fee for the class|