RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES February 16th, 2018.
NEED REAL HOST INFO HERE
Moab Regional Hospital
Education Room 405 Williams Way Moab, UT 84532
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Dead Horse Point State Park
UT-313, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Old City Park
2231 Elk Circle, Moab, UT 84532
Canyonlands Field Airport
110 W Aviation Way, Moab, UT 84532
Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
16 S Main St, Moab, UT 84532
A comprehensive site for lodging options
Bike Shops / Rentals:
A comprehensive site for bike shops
Host has extra bikes
|BICP L1-Moab, UT-March 2, 2018||$475.00|