RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES July 6th, 2018.
The property has two large pavilions for the classroom section
Name & Address of Indoor & Outdoor Facility:
Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing
11176 Peaceful Valley Rd, New Castle, VA 24127, USA
The property has two large pavilions that can hold 30 people
Roanoke–Blacksburg Regional Airport
5202 Aviation Dr. NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
Lodging and Meals available through facility
Contact Kait Prairie, Program Director
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Hardtails available to rent from host
1113 Piedmont St SE, Roanoke, VA 24014
|BICP L1-New Castle, VA-July 27, 2018||$475.00|