LEVEL 1 – FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trail side repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES Jan 5th, 2019.
Scott Givens, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bone Haus Brewing, 14825 E. Shea Blvd. #101, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
McDowell Mountain Regional Park
16300 McDowell Mountain Park Dr, Fort McDowell, AZ 85264
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Centerstone Plaza Hotel Fountain Hills Scottsdale
Comfort Inn Fountain Hills – Scottsdale
Bike Shops / Rentals:
McDowell Mountain Cycles
11879 N. Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
|BICP L1-Phoenix, AZ - January 25-27, 2019||$65.00 / year and a $410.00 fee for the class|