RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES Nov 15th, 2018.
Alison & Jason Liebrecht
Indoor Classroom location:
Twiggs coffee house
4590 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92116
Morely Field Sports Complex (near Archery Range/Ball Fields – off Joe Schloss Way)
3268 Florida Dr, San Diego, CA 92104
San Diego International Airport – 3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows – 2223 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92104
Bike Shop/ Rentals:
|BICP L1-San Diego, CA - November 30-Dec 2, 2018||$475.00|