RIDE GUIDE AND FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Hands-on training and testing for leading groups, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skill instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
First day’s session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
Second and third-day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES Nov 1st, 2018.
Roots Mountain Biking
c/o Jay Thomas
The Alpine Shop
440 North Kirkwood Rd Kirkwood, MO 63122
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
Castlewood State Park
1401 Kiefer Creek Rd Ballwin, MO 63021
pavilion at trailhead
St. Louis Lambert International Airport
10701 Lambert International Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63145
9 Lambert Drury Dr, Valley Park, MO 63088
Bike Shops / Rentals:
The Alpine Shop
440 North Kirkwood Rd, Kirkwood, MO 63122
|BICP L1-St. Louis, MO - November 16-18, 2018||$475.00|