Level 2 Certification
Intermediate Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, October 29, 2021 – Sunday, October 31, 2021
Cost: $650.00 USD. All participants must be in good standing with annual dues.
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
The Level 2 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 2 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Level 1 Certification
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
You will be tested on the following:
- Fundamental Skill
- Intermediate Skills
- Skill Description
- Teaching Points
- Group Management
- Error Detection and Corrections
- Leadership & Professional Conduct
Level 2 Course Topics:
- Fundamental Skill review
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
- Creating teaching plans
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES October 1, 2021
c/o Paige Ramsey
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
Auburn Bike Park – 471 Maidu Dr, Auburn, CA 95603
- Springhill Suites by Marriott in Auburn CA
- Holiday Inn Express, Auburn, CA
- Best Western Golden Key, Auburn, CA
- Victory Velo https://www.victoryvelo.com/
- A-Town Bikes http://www.atownbikes.net/
- Bicycle Emporium https://www.bicycleemporium.com/
|BICP L2 Certification -Auburn, CA- October 29-31, 2021||$650.00|