Level 2 Certification – Intermediate Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, June 3 – Sunday, June 5, 2022
Cost: $650.00 USD. All participants must be in good standing with annual dues.
The Level 2 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 2 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Level 1 Certification
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
You will be tested on the following:
- Fundamental Skill
- Intermediate Skills
- Skill Description
- Teaching Points
- Group Management
- Error Detection and Corrections
- Leadership & Professional Conduct
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
Level 2 Course Topics:
- Fundamental Skill review
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
- Creating teaching plans
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES May 15, 2022
March Northwest firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Facility Location:
Lake Padden – tennis court area/grass/ picnic tables
Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center – 714 Lakeway Dr, Bellingham, WA 98229
Bike Shop / Rentals:
Transition Bike Shop / Outpost
Kona Bike Shop
Jack’s Bike Shop
We respectfully acknowledge that this course will take place on the traditional territories of Nuxwsa’7aq (Nooksack) and the Coast Salish whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.