Level 2 Certification – Intermediate Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, July 22 – Sunday, July 24, 2022
Cost: $650.00 USD. All participants must be in good standing with annual dues.
The Level 2 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 2 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Level 1 Certification
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
You will be tested on the following:
- Fundamental Skill
- Intermediate Skills
- Skill Description
- Teaching Points
- Group Management
- Error Detection and Corrections
- Leadership & Professional Conduct
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
Level 2 Course Topics:
- Fundamental Skill review
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
- Creating teaching plans
- The certification holder must be current with their BICP annual membership dues.
- The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
- This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
- The certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
- An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES July 5, 2022
MJ Mccoy email@example.com
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
Frisco Bike Park-621 Recreation Way, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Ramada by Wyndham Frisco-990 Lakepoint Drive, Frisco, CO, 80443
Rebel Sports -220 Main St, Frisco, CO
We respectfully acknowledge that this course will take place on the traditional territories of the Ute , whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
|BICP L2 Certification - Frisco, CO - July 22-24, 2022||$650.00|