Level 2 Certification – Intermediate Skills Instructor (English version)
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, January 7 – Sunday, January 9, 2021.
Cost: $650.00 USD. All participants must be in good standing with annual dues.
( A $65 payment must be made at the time of registration, remaining course fees paid to course instructor)
The Level 2 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 2 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Level 1 Certification
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
You will be tested on the following:
- Fundamental Skill
- Intermediate Skills
- Skill Description
- Teaching Points
- Group Management
- Error Detection and Corrections
- Leadership & Professional Conduct
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
Level 2 Course Topics:
- Fundamental Skill review
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
- Creating teaching plans
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
This certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid/CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES December 15, 2021
Rafaella “Roxy” Wieschollek firstname.lastname@example.org
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Cala Millor, Mallorca, Balearic Islands – Spain
to be determined closer to the date
Palma de Mallorca Airport
07611 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Roxybike / CaMi-Bike Mountain Bike Mallorca
Local 2 15, Carrer de Binicanella, 07560 Cala Millor, Illes Balears, Spain
|BICP L2 Certification - Mallorca, Spain - January 7-9, 2021 - English version||$65.00|