INTERMEDIATE SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
BICP Level 2 – Offers a review of mountain bike guiding in addition to training and testing for providing beginner to intermediate level instruction.
Completion of the course by passing the practical and written exams will qualify an individual to:
- Provide private or group instruction for beginner and intermediate level riders through clinics/camps/events
- Assess and diagnose common errors within riders
- Create lesson plans specific to the rider’s abilities
- Be an effective instructor to a variety of learning styles
- Offer progressions for Level 2 maneuvers to safely improve your clientele’s skill level
- Teach in conjunction with other BICP certified instructors at clinics/camps/events
Level 2 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 1 Certification
- 40 hours of experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 2 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Current Basic First Aid & CPR certification required (WFA certification recommended)
- Five years or more of mountain biking experience
- A personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
- Has participated in a BICP instructor-led skills clinic (highly recommended, but not required)
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flats, chain breaks, shifting adjustments)
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open-minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
Although this course is not to be taken as a personal skills training event, participants will end up honing their skills on the bike and gaining additional knowledge about mountain biking.
Level 2 Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/level-2-certification/
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
Length: 3.25 days
The first day’s session is 5-8 pm (classroom setting).
The following 3 days are on-bike outside, approximately 8 am-5 pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES January 1, 2020
Rafaella “Roxy” Wieschollek firstname.lastname@example.org
location to be determined
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
to be determined closer to the date
Palma de Mallorca Airport
07611 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain
Hipotels Duns Cala Millor
Av. sa Coma, 47, 07560 Sant Llorenç des Cardassar, Illes Balears, Spain
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Roxybike / CaMi-Bike Mountain Bike Mallorca
Local 2 15, Carrer de Binicanella, 07560 Cala Millor, Illes Balears, Spain
|BICP L2-Mallorca, Spain - January 14-17, 2020||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $625.00 fee for the class|