L2 RE-CERTIFICATION – INTERMEDIATE SKILLS
Length: 1 day (9 hours). The course includes a classroom portion, field practice, skill demonstrations, refining and analysis, instruction strategies, scenario training, proper skill progressions and much more.
What: Expect a full day of training & testing for expiring BICP Level 2 certified instructors. This instructor recertification course includes our most current materials such as updated key teaching points, static holds, demonstrations, and progressions
Our Expectations: We expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements and Intermediate Skills and can confidently demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 1 and Level 2 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
Why: All BICP Level 2 instructors are required to recertify in-person every four years. Recertification is essential for maintaining a level of quality and standards among all BICP certified instructors. BICP protocols such as recertification make this a leading training program that provides maximal credential value to instructors. Stay current with BICP training methods and maintain your esteemed certification!
Level 2 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 2 Certification
- 40 hours of experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 2 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Current Basic First Aid & CPR certification required (WFA certification recommended)
- Five years or more of mountain biking experience
- A personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flats, chain breaks, shifting adjustments)
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
Level 2 Course Skills:
- Neutral & Ready Position
- Bike/Body Separation
- Straight Line Riding
- Tight Turns & Switchbacks
- Climbing & Descending
- Climbing and Descending Dismounts & Restarts
- Wheel Lifts
- Roll Downs
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
Level 2 Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/level-2-certification/
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES July 1, 2019.
Super Fly Outdoors
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park
12138 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
3600 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719
Courtyard by Marriott Austin North/Parmer Lane
12330 North, I-35, Austin, TX 78753•(512) 339-8374
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Bicycle Sport Shop Lamar
517 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
|BICP L2 Re-Certification-Austin, TX - July 21, 2019||$225.00|