Level 3 Certification Advanced Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Dates: Friday, September 10 -Sunday, September 12, 2021
Cost: $650 USD, all participants must be in good standing with their annual membership dues.
In order to pass the BICP course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test. Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
Instructors will take their experiences from teaching the Level 1 and 2 curriculum and expand on their demonstrations, skills analysis, and progressions, strategies, and methods to enhance high-quality, reputable instructors.
The Level 3 course requires an expert level of personal riding ability. All pre-requisites for this course will be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics in a professional, systematic, and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride observation session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 2 Certification
- 40 hours of experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open-minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification is strongly recommended
- Five or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
Level 3 Course Skills:
- Fundamental Skills review
- Intermediate Skills review
- North Shore Dismount
- Advanced Rear Wheel Lifts (Puddle Stomp & Nose Manual Turn)
- Bunny Hop
- Level Lift to the Side
- Lunge Drop
- Stomp Drop
- Basic Jumping
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
The certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person, recertification course is required every 4 years.
Although this course is not to be taken as a personal skills training event, participants will end up honing their skills on the bike and gaining additional knowledge about mountain biking.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES September 1, 2021
Killington Bike Park
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Killington Bike Park
4763 Killington Rd, Killington, VT 05751
Killington Ski Resort
Bike Rentals / Shop:
bike rentals available on site
|BICP L3 Certification - Killington, VT - September 10-12, 2021||$650.00|