RIDE LEADER CERTIFICATION
Length: 1 day (8 hours).
The BICP Ride Leader course was developed to introduce the basics of mountain bike ride leading to volunteers and/or people working as Ride Leaders for mountain biking clubs. The course is not a skills clinic – participants must already have a solid understanding of mountain biking, based on personal riding experience.
The Ride Leader course will provide direction and build your confidence to lead mountain bike rides. The Ride Leader will have the ability to spot and correct basic bike skills for the safety of their group. Also provides the Ride Leader with the necessary tools and awareness to lead a group on safe mountain bike rides geared towards beginner trails.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike ride in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
Ride Leader Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Have at least 40 hours of volunteer hours with local rec. center, bike shops, trail groups, etc
- At least 16 years of age
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
*Manuals and all course documents are included in the course fee.
One day session from 9am-5pm (on bikes, outside).
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
Ride Leader Course Description https://icp.bike/courses-overview/ride-leader/
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES April 20th, 2019.
Picnic tables at Bloedel Donovan Park
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Bloedel Donovan Park
2114 Electric Ave, Bellingham, WA 98229
The host will provide easy up tents
Bellingham International Airport
4255 Mitchell Way, Bellingham, WA 98226
Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center
714 Lakeway Dr, Bellingham, WA 98229
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Transition Bikes – $40 rentals
Fanatik Bike Co Bicycle Shop
1812 N State St (360) 756-0504 Open until 6:00 PM
Jack’s Bicycle Center
1907 Iowa St, Bellingham, WA 98229 (360) 733-1955
The Kona Bike Shop
1622 N State St, Bellingham, WA 98225 (360) 656-5862
|BICP Ride Leader-Bellingham, WA-April 27, 2019||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $135.00 fee for the class|