Level 1 Bridge Course -Fundamental Skills Instructor
For Level 1 this course will introduce stability and biomechanics, teaching strategy, site selection, goal setting, proper demonstrations, teaching points, keywords, progressions, and error detection for a total of 16 skills.
Be sure to pay attention to any new material, specific keywords and skill progressions. You may be asked to demonstrate teaching proficiency on any/ all of the skills presented in the manual.
Expect a full day of training & testing for BICP Level 1 certified instructors. This bridge course includes our most current materials such as updated key teaching points, static holds, demonstrations, and progressions.
Our Expectations: We expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements and can demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 1 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
Level 1 Course Skills:
- Neutral Position and Ready Position
- Bike/Body Separation
- Riding Straight Lines
- Small Circles and Switchbacks
- Rock Dodge
- Climbing Dismount
- Seated Climb
- Standing Climb
- Crouched Climb
- Restarting on a Climb
- Descending Dismount
- Descending for Beginner to Intermediate trails
- Roll Down
Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
In order to pass the BICP Level 1 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test.
Hands-on training and testing for leading group rides, mountain bike guiding, and fundamental skills instruction.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride observation session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
Level 1 Bridge Prerequisites:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Level 1 Ride Guide & Fundamental Skills Instructor Certification (prior to 2020)
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
*A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
* All participants must be in good standing with their membership dues prior to attending this event *
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES August 15, 2020.
Jake Willing email@example.com
Name & Address of Indoor & Outdoor Facility:
The Beach Ridge Trail
3520 Waterville-Swanton Road Swanton, OH 43558
pavilions on site
Toledo Express Airport-11013 Airport Hwy, Swanton, OH 43558
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Spoke Life Cycles Perrysburg-26611 N Dixie Hwy #131, Perrysburg, OH 43551
CycleWerks Bicycle & Fitness-6760 Providence St, Whitehouse, OH 43571
Wersell’s Bike and Ski Shop-2860 Central Ave, Toledo, OH 43606
|Level 1 Bridge Course -Fundamental Skills Instructor - September 3, 2020 - Toledo, OH||$225.00|