Level 2 Certification Intermediate Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course that certifies an individual as an Intermediate Skills Instructor.
Cost: $650 USD
NOTE: 2020 curriculum changes requires all participants take the Level 1 Bridge course as a Prerequisite.
Details on annual dues and policies to maintain this certification can be found at https://icp.bike/policies/
Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test.
The Level 2 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 2 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride observation session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- BICP Level 1 Certification
- At least 18 yrs old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
Instructor Best Practices
Introduction to Instruction
Fundamental Skills Instruction
Intermediate Skills Instruction
The Ten Fundamental Elements of Mountain Biking:
Neutral Position, Ready Position, & Ready State
Gearing and Cadence
Timing and Coordination
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
The certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
An in-person recertification course is required every 4 years.
Although this course is not to be taken as a personal skills training event, participants will end up honing their skills on the bike and gaining additional knowledge about mountain biking.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES March 11, 2020
Name & Address of Outdoor Facility:
Old City Park
2231 Elk Circle, Moab, UT 84532
Canyonlands Field Airport
110 W Aviation Way, Moab, UT 84532
BICP has a discount available through Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
|Level 2 Certification Intermediate Skills Instructor - April 24-26, 2020 - Moab, UT||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $650.00 fee for the class|