Level 2 Recertification -Intermediate Skills Instructor
This course is for anyone with a Level 2 Intermediate Skills Instructor that has or will expire in 2020.
Length: A 1-day course that certifies an individual as an Intermediate Skills Instructor.
Cost: $325 USD
Details on annual dues and policies to maintain this certification can be found at https://icp.bike/policies/
Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
In order to pass the BICP Level 2 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test.
What: Expect a full day of training & testing for expiring BICP Level 2 certified instructors. This instructor recertification course includes our most current materials such as updated key teaching points, static holds, demonstrations, and progressions.
Why: All BICP Level 2 instructors are required to recertify in-person every four years. Recertification is essential for maintaining a level of quality and standards among all BICP certified instructors. BICP protocols such as recertification make this a leading training program that provides maximal credential value to instructors. Stay current with BICP training methods and maintain your esteemed certification!
How to Prepare: A current Level 2 pre-course packet containing the most current manual will be mailed weeks prior to your event.
- Read the manual and complete the pre-course documents
- Practice your Teaching points and Key Words
Our Expectations: At this stage, we expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements and can demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 2 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
The Level 2 course offers hands-on training, students will receive comprehensive training on the fundamental elements of mountain biking. Level 2 participants will create a foundation for teaching mountain bike skills clinics including personal riding skills, proper form, systematic methods, and terminology.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride observation session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
You will be tested on the following:
- Fundamental Elements
- Fundamental Skill
- Intermediate Skills
- Skill Description
- Teaching Points
- Group Management
- Error Detection and Corrections
- 3-Phase vs. 5-Phase Skills
- Leadership & Professional Conduct
Level 2 Course Topics:
- Fundamental Skill review
- Skills analysis
- Effective teaching
- Error detection and correction
- Skill progressions
- Creating teaching plans
Level 2 Course Skills:
- Fundamental Skills
- Front Wheel-Lift
- Rear Wheel-Lift
- Puddle Stomp
- Level Lift
- 1/4 Punch Front Wheel-Lift
- Descending for Intermediate to Advanced trails
- Roll Down Lunge for Intermediate to Advance trails
- High-Speed Cornering
- Berm Cornering
- Advanced Braking
c/o Paige Ramsey
Name & Address to Outdoor location:
Inclement Weather Plan:
Reno–Tahoe International Airport – 2001 E Plumb Ln, Reno, NV 89502
Bike Shop / Rentals:
|Level 2 Recertification -Intermediate Skills Instructor - October 18, 2020 - Auburn, CA||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $260.00 sign-up fee|