Level 2 Skills Prep Clinic – Intermediate Skills Instructor
Length: (4 hours) This course includes skills demonstrations and skills progressions you will need to be comfortable with the Level 2 Certification Course. In the Level 2 Certification Course, you will need to be comfortable teaching and demonstrating along with error detection and correction.
Cost: $200 USD
Our Expectations: We expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements and can demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 1 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
Level 2 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 1 Certification
- 40 hours of experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open-minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
Level 2 Course Skills:
- Front Wheel-Lift
- Rear Wheel-Lift
- Puddle Stomp
- Level Lift
- ¼ Punch Front Wheel-Lift
- Descending for Intermediate to Advanced trails
- Roll Down Lunge for Intermediate to Advanced trails
- High-Speed Cornering
- Berm Cornering
- Advanced Braking
The course Instructor will give brief demonstrations of most of the skills listed and allow time for the participants to practice and receive feedback.
* All participants must be in good standing with their membership dues prior to attending this event *
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES Sept 5, 2020.
BICP course Travel Info for Sandy Ridge, Oregon
Elaine B Bikes
c/o Elaine Bothe
Name & Address of the Outdoor Facility:
The Sandy Ridge Trail System is located about an hour east of Portland, Oregon on the way to Mt. Hood. No camping or overnight parking is allowed at the trailhead parking lot. The closest town is Welches, Oregon, 97067.
Sandy Ridge Trail System
62700 E Barlow Trail Road, Brightwood, OR 97011
The HOST will secure arrangements for extreme rain. PNW weather conditions could see light-medium rain.
Portland International Airport – 7000 Airport Way, Portland, OR 97218
- The BICP has a partner discount rate provided through Windham Hotels & Resorts. There are many near the airport, about an hour drive from Sandy Ridge.
- Nearby cabins and houses are available through Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals
67898 E Highway 26, Welches, Oregon 97067
- Mail: PO Box 454, Welches, Oregon 97067
- (888) 424-9168
Tent, yurt, tiny houses, and RV camping is available nearby at Mt Hood Village RV Resort
65000 E. Hwy 26, Welches, OR 97067
- The closest hotel is the Mt Hood Resort
- 68010 East Fairway Ave. Welches, OR 97067
- T: (503) 622-3101
- Email: email@example.com http://www.mthood-resort.com/
Bike Shops / Rentals:
- Hood Bicycles
- George Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org P: 503-564-9086
|Level 2 Skills Prep Clinic – Intermediate Skills Instructor -September 20, 2020- Sandy Ridge, OR||$200.00|