Level 3 Certification Advanced Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course that certifies an individual as an Advanced Skills Instructor.
Cost: $650 USD ( please contact Nicole@icp.bike for Canadian prices)
NOTE: 2020 curriculum changes require all prior participants to take the Level 2 Bridge course as a Prerequisite.
Details on annual dues and policies to maintain this certification can be found at https://icp.bike/policies/
Instructors will take their experiences from teaching the Level 1 and 2 material and expand on their demonstrations, skills analysis, and progressions, strategies and methods to enhance high-quality, reputable instructors.
The Level 3 course requires an expert level of personal riding ability. All pre-requisites for this course will be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
In order to pass the BICP Level 3 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Instruct individual or group mountain bike skills clinics in a professional, systematic and safe manner
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride observation session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider’s fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement teaching plans, progressions, and goal planning for future skills clinics
- Make responsible choices when instructing mountain bike skills clinics
- Assist BICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 2 Certification
- 40 hours of experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open-minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Five or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in the bike-related industry
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
Level 3 Course Skills:
- Fundamental Skills review
- Intermediate Skills review
- North Shore Dismount
- Steep Descending for Black to Double Black trails
- Bunny Hop
- Level Lift to the Side
- Nose Turn Manual
- Lunge Drop
- Stomp Drop
The certification holder must maintain their annual membership dues.
The certification holder must maintain a current basic First Aid / CPR training certification.
The Certification is valid for 4 years from the date issued.
In-person, recertification course is required every 4 years.
Although this course is not to be taken as a personal skills training event, participants will end up honing their skills on the bike and gaining additional knowledge about mountain biking.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES May 15, 2020
c/o Karey Watanabe
Pass Powder Keg Ski Hill –12402 18 Ave, The Crowsnest Pass, AB T0K 0E0
The host will provide a shelter
Lethbridge Airport –417 Stubb Ross Rd, Lethbridge County, AB T1K 7N3, Canada
The Kanata Inns – Blairmore –11217 21 Ave, Blairmore, AB T0K 0E0, Canada
Bike Shops / Rentals:
Alpenland CN –13131 20 Ave, Blairmore, AB T0K 0E0, Canada
|Level 3 Certification Advanced Skills Instructor - June 9-11, 2020 -Crowsnest Pass, AB, Canada||$65.00 / year for 4 years and a $650.00 fee for the class|