Level 3 Certification – Advanced Skills Instructor
Length: A 3-day course that certifies an individual as an Advanced Skills Instructor.
Cost: $650 USD
NOTE: 2020 curriculum changes requires all participants take the Level 2 Bridge course as a Prerequisite.
Details on annual dues and policies to maintain this certification can be found at https://icp.bike/policies
Instructors will take their experiences from teaching the Level 1 and 2 material and expand on their demonstrations, skills analysis, and progressions, strategies and methods to enhance high-quality, reputable instructors.
The Level 3 course requires an expert level of personal riding ability. All pre-requisites for this course will be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
Each student will be tested on their ability to demonstrate, teach, and provide feedback through error detection and corrections.
In order to pass the BICP Level 3 course, participants must demonstrate an understanding of the material, perform a suitable teaching simulation, and pass a written test.
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 2 Certification
- 40 hours experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Five or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in bike related industry
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trail side repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
Level 3 Course Skills:
- Fundamental Skills review
- Intermediate Skills review
- North Shore Dismount
- Steep Desceding for Black to Double Black trails
- Bunny Hop
- Level Lift to the Side
- Nose Turn Manual
- Lunge Drop
- Stomp Drop
BICP Level 3 Course Highlights - Testimonial
Our Level 3 Instructor Certification Course is currently the most advanced course you can take that challenges the instructor's ability to perform advanced skills, critically analyze a rider's techniques on those skills, and to safely teach those skills to others. This video, shot by one of this class' participants, is an amazing testimony to the BICP program.This video showcases experienced instructors from all over the globe (Israel, Spain, Canada, and Austria) assembled with a shared desire to promote a fun, safe, learning environment while enjoying the content and having fun learning themselves! We are proud of our graduates as it's no easy feat, but sincerely worth the time and investment. We hope that you, too, can join our esteemed alumni and #inspirethestoke! Video: Sababike - MTB Adventures & Coaching / הדרכות אופני הרים - SababikePosted by Bike Instructor Certification Program on Thursday, September 6, 2018