L3 CERTIFICATION – ADVANCED SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Length: 3.25 days (30 hours). A thirty-hour course that certifies an individual to teach advanced mountain bike skills including field practice, skills analysis, and progressions, strategies and methods to foster high-quality, reputable instructors.
Cost: $650 USD. Course prices are for U.S. events only, please contact email@example.com for a foreign course price quote.
Our new Level 3 course was released in 2017. The Level 3 is more than just learning more skills to teach. Instructors will take their experiences from teaching the Level 2 material and build on it. Participants will be taken through a review of the Level 2 material before learning the next phase of skills including manual front wheel lifts, bunny hops, drops, high-speed cornering, pumping, jumping and more.
The Level 3 course requires an expert level of personal riding ability. All pre-requisites for this course will be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
The BICP Level 3 course offers hands-on training to prepare the students for conducting advanced level instruction. Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam, will qualify an individual to:
- Provide mountain bike instruction on advanced bike handling skills
- Assess and diagnose common errors within riders
- Provide private or group instruction for intermediate & advanced level riders through clinics/camps/events
- Create lesson plans specific to the rider’s abilities
- Offer progressions for Level 3 maneuvers to safely improve your clientele’s skill level
- Support BICP Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
* All registrations for Level 3 courses will be reviewed and must be confirmed by a BICP employee.
LEVEL 3 REQUIRED SKILLS – PREVIEW VIDEO ⚡️
Get a jump start on your skill practice before your L3 course! Practice on flat pedals, as they are required for the course.
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- ICP Level 2 certification
- 100+ hours of instructional experience after Level 2 certification
- Meet or exceed our ICP LEVEL 3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Six or more years of mountain biking experience
- Personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
Level 3 Course Skills:
- High-speed cornering (review & advanced progressions)
- North Shore Dismount
- Braking (review & advanced progressions)
- Steep Descending
- Level Lift to the Side
- Manual Front Wheel Lift
- Rear Wheel Lift to the Side (rolling)
- Bunny Hop
- Berm Cornering