Level 3 Skills Prep Clinic – Advanced Skills Instructor
Length: (4 hours) This course includes skills demonstrations and skills progressions you will need to be comfortable with the Level 3 Certification Course. In the Level 3 Certification Course, you will need to be comfortable teaching and demonstrating along with error detection and correction.
Cost: $200 USD
Our Expectations: We expect to see that as a rider you have mastered the Fundamental Elements and can demonstrate and teach ANY of the Level 1& 2 skills on your first attempt along with proper error detection and correction using positive critique. We will expect that you are comfortable and fluent with all current keywords and teaching points along with proper demonstrations and progressions performed using PLATFORM/FLAT PEDALS.
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- Current BICP Level 2 Certification
- 40 hours experience assisting or leading an MTB skills clinic or instructional ride
- Meet or exceed our BICP LEVEL 3 RIDING STANDARDS
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Wilderness First Aid certification strongly recommended
- Three or more years of mountain bike experience
- Volunteer work or work experience in bike related industry
- At least 18 yrs. old
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trail side repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shift adjustments)
- Fluent in the English language including reading and speaking
Level 3 Course Skills:
- Fundamental Skills review
- Intermediate Skills review
- North Shore Dismount
- Steep Descending for Black to Double Black trails
- Bunny Hop
- Level Lift to the Side
- Nose Turn Manual
- Lunge Drop
- Stomp Drop
The course Instructor will give brief demonstrations of most of the skills listed and allow time for the participants to practice and receive feedback.
LEVEL 3 REQUIRED SKILLS – PREVIEW VIDEO ⚡️
Get a jump start on your skill practice before your L3 course! Practice on flat pedals, as they are required for the course.